Daniela is the founding Department Head of the interdisciplinary Art + Ecology program and a full-time Associate Professor at the Pacific Northwest College of Art, where she has been teaching undergraduate and graduate students about painting, drawing, ecological issues, visual culture, critical theory, and pedagogy since 2007. She also teaches adults at the Sitka Center for Art + Ecology and with Signal Fire‘s Wide Open Studios educational backcountry trips.
Here are examples of some courses and workshops she has designed and taught:
* An interdisciplinary studio course melding environmental studies and a wide range of art + design studio practices
* A graduate-level seminar on critical pedagogy
* An atelier-modeled, media-blind painting and drawing course for upper division students
* A foundational drawing course for first-time Foundation students
* An introductory seminar on contemporary visual culture for first-time Foundation students
* A team-taught course focusing on the intersection of illustration & creative writing
* A watermedia painting workshop focused on experimental approaches
* A botanical illustration workshop for artists and non-artists
* A backcountry creative writing workshop with Signal Fire
Here is a public lecture she gave as a Guest Artist at PNCA’s Creative Writing Residency
She is available for lectures, courses, or workshops, please contact me for more information
Join the mailing list to be notified of upcoming classes and other good news.